What you need:
- a deck of cards
is a game best played with a large group of people.
A very annoying game to explain, but very easy to play once
you learn it.
the first hand, deal out the entire deck to the table.
Next, most people sort their cards in numerical order, but
with pairs being higher than single cards.
5, 7, 9, A, 66, 888)
Now, the person with the 3 of clubs plays the first card.
Here are the rules for normal play:
You must play a card that is equal to or higher than the
previous card. A pair of cards are worth more
than a single card.
- If the same card is played, the next person is skipped
and must drink. Playing a pair on top of a pair is a double-skip
(2 people lose their turn)
- If a card goes all the way around the table without
being beaten or cleared, it is then cleared automatically
to the person who played it.
- Card exception #1: Playing a 2 "clears" the
count. The asshole must take them away. In addition, the
person who played the 2 gets to lay down a card after
the pile is cleared (typically a low card).
- Card exception #2: Playing a 4 is a pass card. It as
if nothing was played at all, but everyone takes a social
The first person to run out of cards is the President. The last
person is the Asshole.
With larger groups (6 or more), you may want to play with a
Vice President and Vice-Asshole.
The next round:
First, the asshole from the previous round must deal out all
the cards in counter-clockwise fashion. At this point, the asshole
may make -anyone- drink that he pleases.
Beginning the next game, the President gets to exchange his
2 worst cards with the Asshole's 2 best cards (usually 2's or
4's). The same rule applies to the VP/VA, except with 1 card
In addition, the president gets to play the first card of the
next round, followed by players in the order that they ran out
of cards the previous round.
You may make anyone "below" you drink at anytime.
(The president can never be made to drink, and the asshole isn't
allowed to make anyone drink).
BONUS: If anyone manages to remain president
for 3 rounds in a row, they get to establish a rule. Here are
some of our favorites:
- Anyone who says "drink", "drank, or "drunk"
- Anyone who says "I", "me", or "you"
must drink (this one is brutal)
- Little Man Rule - you must take an imaginary "little
man" off of your beer before drinking
- Left-Hand Rule - you may only drink with your left hand
- Paper-Rock-Scissors Rule - the president may make anyone paper-rock-scissors
at any point. The loser drinks.
- Insult Rule - a personal favorite. Any time a heart is played,
you must insult one of your neighbors (left or right only)
- (add your own, there are TONS of em out there)
Go see our drinking game home page for
PinkyMcDrinky - a 2 player game